Indeed, this represents a significant benefit of our service: the ability to modify the target URL of a previously generated QR code at a later time. Your account will give you access enabling you to make these adjustments and monitor your statistics.
You will need to:
- Signup for a free account on https://xx.co.nz
- Log in to your account, when you are logged in, you will see the QR Codes link on the left, on the QR Code page you will see a "Create QR" button, click this.
- You will see a form to setup the QR Code. You need to work through this form to customise the options you want.
- The type of QR Code you choose depends on what type of QR Code you need:
- Static QR
Once generated, the information encoded in a static QR code remains fixed. For example, if you create a static QR code for a website, it will always lead to that specific website. Once you create this and use it, you can not change it unless you reprint or replace the image of the QR Code.
- Dynamic QR
This type allows for flexibility. The information encoded in a dynamic QR code can be changed or updated without altering the appearance of the code itself.
- When you generate a dynamic QR code, it is linked to a web service or a backend system.
- Instead of directly encoding the information within the QR code, it contains a link to a server or database.
- When someone scans the dynamic QR code, their device goes to that link to retrieve the information. This allows for real-time updates.
- Static QR
- Marketing Campaigns:
Companies can use dynamic QR codes in advertisements. If they want to change the promotional content or redirect users to a different webpage, they can do so without changing the physical QR code on the poster or flyer.
- Ticketing Systems:
In events or transportation, dynamic QR codes can be used for tickets. If there's a need to update information (like a seat change), it can be done without issuing a new ticket.
Easily update the linked content without changing the QR code itself.
Some services allow you to track how often the QR code is scanned, providing insights into user engagement.
In essence, a dynamic QR code provides a more adaptable and versatile solution compared to static QR codes, making it suitable for scenarios where information may change over time.